I wanted to stop by to share with you Tapulous’ latest game creation designed specifically for the iPad – Tap Tap Radiation. As one of the iPhone / iPod touch biggest game developers with more than 25 million installs to date, Tapulous breaks new ground for the iPad with a FREE app loaded with more than 30 music tracks with premium content which is now available in the App store.
Departing from Tap Tap Revenge style of play, Tap Tap Radiation goes off its rails with free-style three dimensional game play and four difficulty levels that create intense single player action. The large screen size of iPad creates a large canvas for Tapulous' high-res eye-popping graphics. The game also features a Freestyle mode that allows users to enjoy the music and visuals in a non-competitive environment.
Additional game details at launch include:
o 33 awesome free tracks adapted especially for the app, including 12 Wives in Tehran by Serge Devant; I Like That by Richard Vission; Quiet Dog by Mos Def; and Lions by The Features.
o Premium content: Lady Gaga 6-pack featuring Telephone, Poker Face, Love Game, Bad Romance, Alejandro, and Speechless.
o Premium content: Pink 2-pack featuring So What and Get The Party Started
o Premium content: Ultra Records 6-pack featuring Imagination by Jes (Kaskade Remix), Love is Gone by David Guetta (Fred Rister & Joachim Garraud Radio Edit Remix), Satisfaction by Benny Benassi, Sorry by Kaskade (Dirty South Remix), Elements of Life by Tiesto, and Duck, You Sucker by Sharam
o Additional free and premium content will be added to the app on an ongoing basis.
"The iPad creates an amazing gaming experience for both serious and casual gamers," said Tapulous CEO, Bart Decrem. "Tap Tap Radiation was designed especially for iPad and takes advantage of the greater screen real estate and processing power. With its stunning graphics and killer playlist, Tap Tap Radiation is great fun to play. We hope it will become the must-have free app for the iPad."
“The iPad is a fantastic platform for gaming, and Plants vs. Zombies HD allows us to show off the great new features and functionality of this exciting device,” said Andrew Stein, director of mobile business development at PopCap. “In this adaptation, we’ve focused on the iPad’s Multi-Touch capabilities and opportunities for new gameplay like the Buttered Popcorn mini-game that will excite both new and current players.”
The Plants vs. Zombies HD app for iPad offers all 50 levels of Adventure and QuickPlay modes as well as Survival mode from the original Apple Macintosh and Windows PC game. It also includes four all-new achievements (for a total of 17) and 18 mini-games, including Buttered Popcorn – exclusive to the iPad – offering frantic and fun gameplay where players attack zombies by first “buttering” them up before firing corn-cob cannons at them. To defeat the growing hordes of zombies, players can touch them to place butter on their heads. With the Multi-Touch user interface, players can select up to eleven zombies at a time, targeted for “buttering” by the powerful cob cannons. The game’s non-stop action is presented in full 1040x768 resolution, delivering stunning visual effects rarely seen in mobile gaming.
Originally launched on the PC and Mac in May of 2009 to universal acclaim, Plants vs. Zombies was introduced for iPhone and iPod touch earlier this year, where it quickly became a global phenomenon. The game reached the #1 position on the App Store Top Grossing charts in more than 20 countries worldwide, including the U.S., Canada, China, Russia, Australia, Germany, Denmark, Ireland, and Norway.
In Sherlock Holmes Mysteries for iPad, players follow clues through the gritty side of the 1890’s Victorian London where, along with Dr. Watson, Sherlock uses his keen wit and winning charm to prove a man is innocent of murder. Leveraging the powerful platform of the Apple iPad and its 1024x768 screen resolution, players will be treated to breathtaking graphics through 11 immersive 3-D environments as they work to solve the case.
Features for Sherlock Holmes Mysteries for iPad include:
- Puzzle Boxing Tournament – Exclusive for the iPad, Sherlock must use his wit and mental acuity, by finding and exploiting his opponents’ weaknesses to neutralize the threat. Knuckle through a tournament of 12 unique characters using the iPad’s multi-touch functionality
- Auto-Flip and Rotate Support – Flip or rotate the iPad to play from any angle
- Full Screen Resolution for a High-def 3-D experience
- Increased Texture Resolution for the characters and environments
- Redesigned UI takes advantage of the larger iPad screen
- As players gather evidence within the game, they gain crucial information through compelling and insightful mini-games:
- Insights – Find hidden clues using Sherlock’s keen Insight, and put them together in Sherlock’s virtual mind to unravel the mystery
- Lock Picking – Find the perfect path through a lock’s inner workings to lift each of the tumblers, and gain access to the secrets within
- Foot Chase – Wind a way through London’s streets in pursuit of justice. Outmaneuver the culprits and emerge victorious!